We’ve all got different definitions of making magic happen. What’s yours?
My definition of making magic happen is putting yourself out there and surrounding yourself with amazing people. I think sometimes people think that “magic” just happens if you want something or believe in it. I think that you have to go out and make your own magic….you can’t just wait around and wait for something to happen to you. Get out, meet people, get involved in your industry and tell people what you want to accomplish. Nobody will know to think of you in a role if they don’t know that you want it. You also need to create a great team for yourself. Surround yourself with people that share your vision and your work ethic and will support you in all of your goals.
Of the things that you’ve accomplished in your life, what are you most proud of?
The things that I am most proud of are starting my own business and working hard to keep it growing for over 7 years. It has been a lot of work and dedication, but I truly love what I do. Personally, I am proud of my incredible husband and our amazing kids. They are the reason that I work as hard as I do.
When you’re taking on a big new project, or you’ve set your eyes on a new goal, how do you actually, you know, make it happen?
Whether it’s starting a new project or going after a new goal, the way I make it happen is to break it down into smaller parts so that I don’t get overwhelmed. I am a big believer in creating lists for myself so that I take on each project one step at a time. I also believe it asking my clients and colleagues for their advice and input. I have found that my friends in the industry are a wealth of knowledge and they are always willing to help and share.
What books/tools/products/apps have helped you on your journey?
Some of the tools that have helped me on my journey include:
- Waze: I am constantly going to meeting after meeting and this helps me find the fastest way to get where I need to go.
- Soothe: Best. App. Ever. Between working full time and having 2 small children, the days of going to a spa are OVER. Soothe is an incredible app that sends a massage therapist right to your house. Best part: they work until midnight and you can reserve the same day. Having a relaxing massage while my kids are upstairs sleeping at 10pm and then just being able to crawl into bed is HEAVEN! And….I don’t have to pay for a sitter.
- Blushington: This makeup salon is heaven on earth. I have a membership and can get 2 makeup applications a month. The prices are unbelievably reasonable and if I am doing an event, I can just pop in and out in 30 minutes with a full face of makeup.
- Gearys Beverly Hills: This is my go-to store for gifts for my amazing clients. Gearys has some of the most beautiful items from Waterford, Baccarat, Nambe, and other incredible brands. They will giftwrap and ship so that I can get thank you gifts out quickly and effortlessly. It saves me a ton of time and energy. And they have the best staff in town.
Most of us living big, challenging, magical lives have met our fair share of naysayers. How have you dealt with that?
I have met my fair share of naysayers and it is always tough. I tend to dwell a little bit and sometimes those conversations stay with me for a long time. But….now I realize that I have never heard of a truly successful person that didn’t come up against obstacles. I recognize that getting past people that don’t believe in you is truly a part of the process. I always do my best to be nice and kind to everyone that I meet and take their “non-belief” with a grain of salt. Take the criticism as a way to get better and stronger and but don’t let it paralyze you and distract you from your bigger goals.
When you have moments of doubt or get distracted, how do you refocus on your goals?
When I have moments of doubt, I try to take a few minutes to breathe and refocus on everything that I have accomplished. I remind myself that I have amazing, supportive people in my life and I have some great successes in my career. Doubt and distractions only serve to take our eyes off the goal and should be treated as such. We all have those moments….but it’s important to minimize them because the time wasted on doubt is time you aren’t using towards your goals.
What’s the most magical thing going on in your life right now?
The most magical thing going on in my life right now is that I am in a place of real happiness. I love the team that I get to work with and I appreciate the incredible clients that have come into my life. I also love the responsibility of raising two beautiful children. I love that I get to put two good people into the world. I can raise my son and daughter to respect all kinds of people, have a strong work ethic and try to make the world a better place. It is truly magic to watch two people grown and experience things for the very first time…..it is the best job that I have.
If you could build a perfect day from scratch, what would it look like? (Where would you be? When would you wake up and go to sleep? Who would be with you? What would you eat/drink/do?)
My perfect day would be:
- Wake up in Venice in a suite at the Cipriani Hotel.
- Enjoy a beautiful breakfast on the lanai with my entire family.
- Swim and play in the sun with our kids.
- Go shopping and buy fabulous gifts for my parents.
- Take a boat onto the water and show my kids Europe for the first time.
- Have a romantic dinner with my husband. Pasta pasta and more pasta.
- Not gain a pound.
- Cuddle up in one big huge bed, order desserts from room service and watch our favorite movies.
In 2007, Gina launched “Gina Wade Creative” and immediately secured an impressive list of clients. The company is a full service event production company that also represents a variety of event venues, hotels and restaurants in an effort to increase event sales and branding. In addition to her sales, marketing and production work, Gina has also been a contributor to 944 Magazine and has been featured in LA Confidential, Hollywood Life, and Harper’s Bazaar magazines. She recently launched her blog “From Hollywood to Home” which gives tips on how to bring Hollywood event concepts into the home for entertaining purposes. Her dedication to her work and commitment to her clients are just two of the features that make Gina Wade a true standout to her colleagues and clients alike. Gina currently resides in Los Angeles with her husband, two children and two pugs.
Website // Facebook // Twitter // Instagram
- How Do I Find Joy in Life? - Feb 24, 2023
- Why Is It Important To live Your Life Purpose? - Feb 10, 2023
- 5 (Unexpected)Tips for Manifesting Abundance - Dec 28, 2022